Ah yes. Lamivudine-hbv aka Epivir-hbv. How I loathe you.
Side effects I suffer from:
- Headache
-Dizziness
-Fatigue
-Possible swelling of hands.
Might I mention that 90% of the possible side effects of this medication are also possible things I might experience being pregnant. Oh joy.
The scariest side effects or complications from the medicine?
-Lactic Acidosis. Lactic acidosis is when lactic acid builds ups in the blood stream faster than it can be removed. Lactic acid is produced when oxygen levels in the body drop. --The medicine can do that.....awesome....because it can be fatal.
-My hbv strain(s) can become resistant to the medication.
-My hbv can become way worse (or better) after I stop taking the medicine. How unfair.
Positives
--Liam is getting what he needs, because the lower my viral load, the better off he is.
--Liam is almost here!!!! 4 or less weeks!!
--I am better off, because the longer my enzymes and my viral load are high, the more damage done to my body.
No comments:
Post a Comment