Monday, December 13, 2010

Am I a slacker?





No....I'm just busy!!! Busy as in a newborn. Ya know. So let's see....what's new with Liam? He is going to be 6 weeks old this Thursday (I can't believe it!) The time moves by so much faster when they're here versus when you're waiting for them to arrive. What else is he doing.....he smiles a lot now! He coos. He started rolling over from belly to back 2 weeks ago. I know! How crazy is that??? And at first I thought it was a fluke, but he started consistently doing it, so I know it's the real deal!! Jimmy got on the scale, and then got on the scale with Liam and the difference was 13 lbs! That means he gained 3 lbs since he was 2 weeks old!! What a little chubby bubby! I measured him on a changing mat (by marking on the mat when he was laying really straight and relaxed) last week and he measured 23 1/2 inches....that's 1 1/2 longer than when he was born! He also is going 4-7 hours in the middle of the night without a feeding. What a good little boy :-)

What's new with me? Well....I'm getting more sleep. Jimmy has still been getting up with Liam in the middle of the night :-) I've lost 33 lbs of my baby weight! Yahoo! I think that's pretty good for 5 weeks! Only 14 to go!

Miss Sydni is doing well! Still LOVING school. She is such a good big sister. Everyone keeps asking me if she still likes Liam.....OF COURSE she does! Why wouldn't she??? She likes feeding and holding him. She talks to him allllllll the time. She likes reading books to him and explaining what the pictures look like so he knows what's doing on in them since he can't see them. She is my big helper in putting his binkie back in when it falls out, and wiping up spit up when she sees it. It couldn't be any better!!!!


3 comments:

  1. Yay!! Glad your back to blogging!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cutie!! I've never been asked to have my hair touched, but that's pretty funny!!

    ReplyDelete