Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Liam is 8 months old!

-Liam is tipping the scales at 23lbs!  Can you believe it??
-He took his first road trip.  We went to Iowa for my grandparents memorial service and he did amazing.
 -He loves listening to Jimmy talk on the phone.  It's hilarious!  He just smiles from ear to ear!
-He's still a great sleeper.  He gets between 10-12 hours a night.

-He has now surpassed crawling and is pulling himself up and standing with assistance.  Before I know it, he will be walking!!  I'm so not ready for that!
-He got his first tooth!!  The bottom right central incisor.  Specific huh? HA!  He didn't even really get fussy popping the tooth....I was surprised because Sydni was HORRIBLE when she was teething.
-He's started eating meat.  He eats chicken mixed with rice, and he just started turkey mixed with pasta this week.  He loves them both!

-He still eats like a little piggy.  He has a 6-7oz bottle when he wakes up, then a 4-5oz bottle with fruit and cereal.  Then he has a 5-7oz bottle with veggies and cereal.  And then he will have a 7oz bottle and fruit and turkey & pasta, or chicken & rice.  Sometimes he has an extra bottle in there and sometimes he doesn't.  He still has yogurt and gerber puffy stars for snacks.  And of course lots and lots of water!


-He says or I like to think he does, "mamamamamama maaaaa mama!" When he is in his room going to sleep and upset.  HA!


-He loves sitting in shopping carts now.  He seems to really the cart cover!


-He went to the zoo for the first time!  He did great!  He really was really paying attention to the hippos and elephants!  He rode the carousel with Sydni and LOVED it!!

-He is still bff with his sister!  They play everyday all day!  She's always helping him find toys, or she makes sure he is staying safe if I have to walk out of the room for a second.  She will feed him, help with baths, the whole nine!!  I'm so lucky!

-He is going back and forth between 1 and 2 naps a day.  He will either nap from 12-3, or 12-2 and 4-5. I'll take it either way!
-He likes to crawl and then sporadically go up on his toes!  It's so funny!

-He's figuring out more and more each day that he can use the rails on his crib to try and stand up.  He hasn't succeeded yet, but I'm waiting.
-He likes to sit on his knees.  He will act like he is going to stand up, but instead he just stands on his knees and then sits back.

-He is now officially napping in his crib! YES!!!!!!
-He is still wearing 18-24 month clothes, but they are starting to get a little snug.  The 2t, 3t, and sometimes 4t are nice and roomy for my big guy!
-He's still in a size 5 diaper.  I think he will be in those for a little while still.
-He still is a binkie baby.  We do have a few long binkie breaks in the middle of the day and he doesn't seem to notice.
-He's now a pro at his sippy cup.  The one that works best for him is the Dr. Brown sippy cup.  It doesn't leak and he can drink really well out of it.
-When forced, he will hold his bottle and feed himself.  The little turd knows how to do it, but prefers that we do, so unless I refuse to do it, he won't!
-He is such a happy baby.  He is always laughing and smiling and having such a good time!
-His hair is getting REALLY long.
-Liam had his first 4th of July and saw the fireworks for the first time!  He loved them!  He love
-No shots this month!

1 comment: