I went to my hepatologist and found out that one of my liver enzymes are still double, which isn't good. I was taken off my Lamivudine (hep meds) and was told that if my numbers shoot up really fast I'll be put on another medicine asap, or if they steadily climb that would be what would happen, too. The new medicine is called Tenofovir. It's meant more for long term use than the Lamivudine, and the Lamivudine you can become resistant to, so this is the safest alternative for long term use especially if I want to expand my family in the future.
Then while I was there he looked at me and said, "hmmm, your neck looks full." Then he examined it, and said "yep, I think you're thyroid glands are swollen." AWESOME. So I had blood work done to check that out. Isn't that juuuuuust peachy?
So then I told him about this weird pressure pain I've been getting right at my bra line on my right side (my liver side, that is) and he told me to get an ultrasound done to see if maybe it was gallstones, and if it came back as a no, maybe do an endoscopy (the shove a tube down your throat and check out your stomach and such). I had one done about 5 years ago, and everything was a-okay. Anyways, I got my ultrasound done on Thursday and the preliminary results said no gallstones. I don't know whether to be happy about not having gallstones, or sad because it could be my liver....
So....at the moment I am waiting for thyroid blood work and hepatitis bloodwork and a rundown of the rest of the ultrasound from my hepatologist. Hopefully I'll be getting a call early next week.
With all of this going on, I've been VERY tired. I had my hep appt on Tuesday, Jimmy worked until 9 on Wednesday, my ultrasound Thursday, Sydni's V-day party Friday, she has a playdate today, we are celebrating v-day as a family tomorrow followed by a soccer game and then Jimmy and I are going to v-day dinner tomorrow night because he works 1-9 on Monday......WHEW.
On another note, we are finally going to be able (cross your fingers) to go to MN this coming Saturday to see my Grandma!! I'm soooooooo glad. I haven't told her yet. I'm thinking about surprising her!!
Okay...so wish my luck on all of my health ailments. Did I mention hep blows??? If not, HEP BLOWS.
No comments:
Post a Comment